January 12, 2020
Dear Ladies of TASTE,
TASTE will resume this week, and we are very excited to welcome you back!
This week at TASTE
- NEW TALK - We are pleased to welcome Fr Chris Seith, who will present "The Grace of Pain: Embracing Suffering." READ MORE
- SMALL GROUP - We will reflect on Mike Tenney's talk, "How Catholic's Can Save America." Audio and Reflection Questions are LINKED.
- DIVINE MERCY CHAPLET - will be prayed after lecture. Children are welcomed!
- MID YEAR SURVEY - Provides us with important information about how TASTE is going for you and what you need. Please complete it as soon as possible. SURVEY LINK
Special Prayer Request for:
- TASTE PROGRAM & MEMBERS - Please pray for the TASTE program and all her members. (TASTE Prayer Card)
Upcoming Events in the Area
LIVE ON-LINE COURSE BY SUSAN BRINKMANN -- MINDFUL LIKE A CATHOLIC - Why are so many Catholics falling into the popular mindfulness movement when the Church has an even more effective version that’s been around for hundreds of years. And our version of mindful living comes with a perk – peace of soul. By combining two devotions - The Practice of the Presence of God and the Sacrament of the Present Moment – we not only learn how to live in the present, but how to do so in the Presence. With God involved, it’s a whole new game. Our version is much easier because we can rely on grace to help us. The popular version of mindfulness offers nothing more than a few Buddhist meditation tricks. True Catholic mindfulness permeates us to the soul and becomes a way of life, not just a temporary exercise to curb anxiety. If you want to learn how to life mindfully in an authentically Catholic way, join us on January 18 for an on-line 90-minute workshop from 1-3PM EST. REGISTER.
- MOTHER TERESA VOCATION SOCIETY ANNUAL DAY OF RECOLLECTION on Saturday, January 18, 2020 at Annunciation Church (3810 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington, D.C). The day will begin at 9:30 a.m. and will conclude at 2:00 p.m. Lunch will be served. The day will include Mass, Adoration, Confessions, a reflection, and a vocation witness talk. The presenters are Fr. Mark Ivany, Director of Priest Vocations for the Archdiocese of Washington, on the topic "The Call Within the Call - What Mother's Call to Serve the Poorest of the Poor can Teach Every Christian" and Susan Conroy,author of "Praying with Mother Teresa". REGISTER
Blessings! Carolyn & Joy
Jesus, I Trust in You!
Jesus, I Trust in You!